Saturday, April 3, 2010

Soundtracks of a Symphony: oh the luck!


A few weeks back, I got the usual family lecture about how I am the luckiest person on the entire planet, AGAIN. Having a lazy moment, reflecting about what they said made me think and realize. I don't need  rabbit's foot or a horse shoe or a 4-leaf clover to help me with luck. I indeed, am, the luckiest person. Here's why.

As a adult, I still have a roof over my head, living with my parents who has no intention to kick me out.
Others have to fend for themselves out in the streets as an orphan.

My workplace is just a 2-minute drive from my house.
Others have to leave their homes 90 minutes to get to theirs.

I have a job which I love that comes with good bosses, nice colleagues and great pay.
Others have no idea what they want to do, gets shit from bosses, crappy colleagues and measely pay.

I have a wonderful family who supports me in everything and anything that I do.
Others are alone in this world with no one to lean on for comfort.

I have a wide circle of friends that come from different places all around the world whom I share my ups and downs with.
Others are shunned by their own kind with no one to depend on or share anything with each other.

Everything has been prepared for me. All I need to do is learn the ropes and maintain them.
Others have only begun to learn it the hard way and may take a longer time to achieve them.
Gotta thank my parents for this.

So, why am I still not progressing? How come I'm not seizing the moments in life and take charge of the bull by its horns? All computers and technology need an upgrade. It's about time I get an upgrade myself too! I've passed up too many opportunities. It's time to take the reigns and gain control!

I'm Gonna Make A Change,  For Once In My Life, It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference, Gonna Make It Right . . .I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror, I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways, And No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer, If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place, Take A Look At Yourself, And Then Make A Change....
- the late Michael Jackson 

Posted via web from fourleafclovergoodluckcharms's posterous