Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Classic - Nike Women

Mozart, Bach, and Beethoven are all popular tunes to pop on when writing a paper, trying to get some R&R and perhaps while cleaning or cooking. But, have you ever considered listening to classical music while running or training?

My friend recently told me how fun it is to listen to classical music while walking down busy city streets. The hustle and bustle apparently is a funny contrast to the gentle violins and piano keys you hear in your ears.

As a woman who is always in search for some new tunes to run to, I decided to give classical music a try. In all honesty, I love it. At first I thought, this is a little weird. Then the music just fell into the background and my body went with it. I ran even longer than I would normally run. I’m not sure why I ran for so much longer, but it worked!

Just as running has always relaxed me, classical music has done the same. Understandably, the combination of the two is bliss. My old running habits have always been to jam out to some hard-core rock or rap. I am ashamed to say that I may have been a bit of an angry runner. However, during the past year of two, I’ve embraced a calmer running practice, I notice softer music helps me run longer and allows me to zone out. Because there are often no words in classical music, it is even easier to run without distractions. The tone of the music is up to your interpretation.

Even for people who don’t listen to music while they run, popping on some Joseph Haydn may be a nice change. If you are a woman who gets the jitters before big games, try popping on some Mozart instead of Madonna. It’s the new classic way to run.

-Sarina

Posted via web from fourleafclovergoodluckcharms's posterous