Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Self Improvement – Easier Information » Blog Archive » How I ...

Most anyone who takes up the game of golf likes to receive tips from experienced golfers. This makes good sense, and can shave some time off your learning curve. I personally can listen to them for hours at a time. I like hearing about and trying out new techniques to see if it improves my own personal game. I tried out and added many things to my game, and after years of staying average, I realized that there was one main ingredient that was necessary for success.

I realized this only after years of trying this, and trying that, and trial and error learning. Gaining experience along the way, I took advice from many more experienced players. I even paid for some personal training from a professional I befriended. But I still was lacking something that would get me where I felt right about my game.

I entered a lot of tournaments, and I faired quite well in some, and I also tanked in a few. But I had determination, which is a quality that all golfers must have. Another of my friends recommended his best golf instruction book which I read and took to heart. And while I learned a few things, I still was not satisfied deep in my gut. I was still searching.

I was searching for something that would give me an edge. An extra vein of confidence that I seemed to be missing. I could not put my finger on what I was looking for, but I knew if I could find it, I would be a much better golfer than I was at that time. I worked hard at improving my game with what I knew. I played often, and tried to play courses that were very challenging.

It finally got to the point where my game leveled out. Some days were a little better, some days a little worse, but basically I stayed around the same skill level and ability. It made me stale, and was a bit discouraging. I remember lying awake nights wondering what this thing that haunted me could be. But nothing ever came. So I thought I was probably as good as I could ever be, and had to come to grips with it.

Days went by, tournaments came and went, and my game averaged out about the same. I decided to try to stop thinking about it so much. To get it out of my head. Just let it go. Then I was some kids playing on the sidewalk, and it hit me. I knew instantly it was the missing key I had been searching for. It was so simple, but so powerful.

While I was watching, the kids were digging around in their yard, and found a pretty little blue marble. They all smiled and wanted to hold it. And as they passed it around, each one closed their hand around it and made a wish. That was it! Since we were children, we have all believed in having a good luck charm. Before I teed off in the tournament the next day, I put my rhodium plated wedding ring to my lips and kissed it. I golfed the best game of my career. Simple, and yet very powerful. Belief was the missing ingredient.

Related posts:

  1. Can You Train your subconscious mind to enhance your golf game exponentially ?
  2. Succeeding in Sports
  3. How to excel in sports
  4. Have you Read these Law of Attraction Success Stories?
  5. Some Stress Management Activities For Teens

Posted via web from fourleafclovergoodluckcharms's posterous