Thursday, March 8, 2012

finding four leaf clovers

artist's blog

random tangents of a painter

Skip navigation

A couple of years ago, I started focusing less on the four leaf clovers and more on the art.  I’m an artist, after all.

But, a few days ago, someone asked me, “Aren’t you the one who finds all the four leaf clovers?”

It’s not the first time I’ve been asked this, so I’ve decided to embrace it.  Yes, I’m “the one who finds all the four leaf clovers”.

It started a few years ago when I was walking my dog and found a large patch of 4 and 5-leaf clovers.  Picking a bunch of them seemed the obvious thing to do, but then, what to do with all of them?  Framing them seemed the next obvious answer.  From there, the natural progression was to give some as gifts, and to sell some in crafts stores and online.  Then, I kept finding them, so I kept framing them.

Since I find so many so often, people frequently ask where/how to find a four leaf clover.  The bad news is that I don’t really have an answer, except that one should look where there is clover growing.  I usually just “feel” them; I don’t know another way to explain it.

The good news is that in a large enough field of clover, the presence of a lucky clover is almost guaranteed. Estimates say 1 in every 10,000 clovers will grow a 4th leaf, so find a very large pasture.  And if you are lucky enough to find one 4-leaf clover, there is probably at least one more near it, because they tend to grow in small clusters.

The even better news is, you don’t have to bother picking through the grass, risking life and limb to chiggers in order to find a lucky clover; I still offer four leaf clovers in frames at soulbearing.com, and on eBay too.

And, you can find merchandise printed with photos of real clovers in the soulbearing store on zazzle, and in the new Four Leaf Clover Shop on zazzle. You can get lucky shirts, hats, keychains, necklaces, even throw pillows and iphone skins, printed to order and shipped almost anywhere.

Isn’t that lucky??

Coming Soon: more art stuff :-)

Advertisement

One Comment

finding four leaf clovers