Thursday, December 29, 2011

four leaf clover charms

I guess now would be a good time to explain my four-leaf clover charm.

When I was in Kindergarten, we were all assigned hooks outside of the classroom where we would hang our coat and backpack during the day. To distinguish these hooks, we each had a different symbol taped above it. Mine was a four-leaf clover.

A few days ago, Kim received an envelope in the mail with charms she planned on giving out as Christmas presents. Because it had shipped out late, the manufacturer stuck a few extra charms in there. One of the extra ones was a four-leaf clover. When I saw it, I was instantly reminded of my coat hook from Kindergarten. It was kind of strange because I haven’t thought about that in years. I started Kindergarten when I was five years old and now I’m seventeen, a senior in high school.

I asked Kim if I could keep the charm and she reluctantly gave it up after I told her why I wanted to have it. I plan on wearing it at my high school graduation because after all, that’s where it all started. With a four leaf clover. The symbol gave me luck when I started a new chapter in my life twelve years ago, and it will give me luck as I end it.

four leaf clover makes a great good luck gift idea